. 7 Prayers to Pray When You Can’t Sleep
7 Prayers to Pray When You Can't Sleep
It's late. Your body is tired, but your mind won't stop moving — replaying today, rehearsing tomorrow, circling back to worries that feel bigger in the dark than they did in daylight. If sleep feels far away tonight, these seven short prayers are here to help you bring your racing thoughts to God, one at a time, until your heart is quiet enough to rest.
A Prayer to Quiet a Racing Mind
Lord, my thoughts won't stop tonight. Quiet the noise in my mind and help me set down what I keep replaying. Give me stillness in place of this spinning. Amen.
A Prayer for Anxious Thoughts
Father, anxiety feels louder in the dark. I bring You every worry I've been carrying tonight. Replace my fear with Your peace that doesn't make sense by the world's standards. Amen.
A Prayer for Safety and Protection
God, watch over me and this home tonight. Let me lie down in safety, knowing You never sleep and You're standing guard even when I can't see it. Amen.
A Prayer to Release Tomorrow's Worries
Lord, tomorrow isn't here yet, and I don't have to solve it tonight. Help me leave it in Your hands so I can rest instead of trying to carry a day that hasn't come. Amen.
A Prayer for a Heavy Heart
Father, my heart feels heavy tonight, and I don't fully understand why. Meet me here in the quiet. Comfort the parts of me that ache, and remind me I'm not carrying this alone. Amen.
A Prayer for Rest in Your Presence
God, I don't just need sleep — I need to feel You near. Let Your presence settle over this room like a blanket, and let that closeness be what finally lets me rest. Amen.
A Prayer of Trust Before Sleep
Lord, I lay down tonight trusting You with what I can't control. You are awake while I sleep, and that's enough. I rest in You. Amen.
Join the Dear You Family
Get a Love Letter from God like this one delivered straight to your inbox every day — a little encouragement, right when you need it most.
Join the Email Family
Which of these prayers do you need most tonight? Share it in the comments — someone else might need it too.