Day 102: A Love Letter from God About Taking the Step Anyway
Day 102: A Love Letter from
God About Courage
My child,
There's something ahead of you that requires courage you're not sure you have. A conversation you need to have, a step you need to take, a risk that scares you more than you want to admit. You keep waiting to feel ready, to feel brave enough, before you finally move — but that feeling of readiness hasn't come yet, and you're starting to wonder if it ever will.I want you to hear this: courage was never about the absence of fear. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Notice I didn't say you wouldn't feel afraid. I said don't let that fear be the thing that stops you, because I am with you in the very thing that scares you.
You don't have to feel brave to be brave. Courage is taking the step while your hands are still shaking, trusting that I am steadier than your fear. Every person I've ever called to something difficult felt underprepared and afraid at some point — Moses, Gideon, Esther, the disciples. I didn't wait for their fear to disappear before I used them. I walked with them through it.
God says, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. You don't have to feel ready. You just have to take the step."
Whatever is asking for your courage today, I am already there ahead of you, and I will be right beside you through it. You don't have to conjure up bravery out of nowhere. You just have to trust that My presence is enough to carry you through what you can't do in your own strength. Take the step. I've got you. I love you, God
A Prayer for Courage
Father, there's something ahead of me that requires courage I don't feel like I have. Help me take the step even while I'm still afraid, trusting that You are with me. Remind me that courage isn't the absence of fear, but faith in Your presence in spite of it. Give me strength for what's ahead. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Join the Dear You Family
Get a Love Letter from God like this one delivered straight to your inbox every day — a little encouragement, right when you need it most.
Join the Email Family
What's one thing that requires courage right now that you're ready to step into, trusting God is with you?