Day 104: A Love Letter from God About Grief No One Else Sees


 

Day 104: A Love Letter from 

God About a Dream That Died

PSALM 34:18

My child, There was something you hoped for — a dream you held onto, prayed over, built parts of your identity around — and it didn't happen the way you pictured. Maybe it ended clearly, with a door that shut for good. Maybe it just quietly faded, never officially over, just no longer possible in the way you once imagined. Either way, you're grieving something most people around you don't even know existed.

I want you to know that this grief is real, and it deserves space. Losing a dream is still a loss, even though there's no funeral for it, no casseroles delivered to your door, no one checking in to ask how you're holding up. You've been carrying this quietly, maybe even feeling silly for how much it still hurts. It's not silly. What you hoped for mattered to you, and it mattered to Me too.The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. I am not distant from this particular grief just because it doesn't look like other losses. I am close to you in this. I see the version of your life you imagined and let go of. I see what it cost you to release it, even if you're still in the process of actually letting go.

PSALM 34:18

God says, "I am close to the brokenhearted and save those who are crushed in spirit. This grief is not too small for Me. I am with you in it."

You're allowed to mourn this. You don't have to rush toward acceptance or force yourself to see the silver lining before you're ready. Grieve the dream honestly. And when you're ready, know that I am not finished writing your story just because this particular chapter closed. I can bring beauty from what felt lost. I have done it before, and I am not done doing it in you. I love you, God

A Prayer for a Lost Dream

Father, I'm grieving something most people don't even know I lost. Thank You for being close to me in this, even when it doesn't look like other kinds of loss. Help me grieve honestly instead of rushing to feel okay. When I'm ready, help me trust You with what comes next. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Is there a dream you've been quietly grieving that you're ready to bring to God today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed Through the Test: Holding On When Faith Is Tried (James 1:12)

Reflection On Romans 8:31

A Reflection on Ruth 1:16 and God’s Blessings

Deep Reflection on 2 Corinthions 129