Day 96: A Love Letter from God About Being Human 💌💌

 


Day 96: A Love Letter from God 

About Perfectionism


2 CORINTHIANS 12:9

My child,

You've been holding yourself to a standard that doesn't leave room for being human. Every mistake feels like evidence against you, every imperfection feels like something to fix before you can rest, before you can feel good about yourself, before you believe you're doing enough. You're exhausted from chasing a flawlessness that keeps moving further away the closer you get.

I want you to hear this clearly: I never asked you to be perfect. I asked you to be Mine. Perfectionism often disguises itself as devotion, as if striving for flawlessness is somehow honoring to Me. But I don't need your perfection. I already provided for your imperfection through grace. Trying to earn what's already freely given only exhausts you for nothing.

My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness. Did you catch that? My power isn't diminished by your weakness — it's made perfect there. Your mistakes, your unfinished growth, your imperfect effort — none of it disqualifies you from My love. If anything, it's exactly the space where My strength shows up most clearly.

2 CORINTHIANS 12:9

God says, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness. You don't have to be flawless. You just have to be Mine."

Let yourself be human today. Let the mistake exist without it defining you. Let the unfinished thing stay unfinished a little longer without it meaning you've failed. I love you in your imperfection just as much as I would in some flawless version of you that doesn't actually exist. You are enough exactly as you are right now, still growing, still learning, still Mine.

I love you,
God

A Prayer for Perfectionism

Father, I've been exhausting myself trying to be flawless. Help me release the belief that I have to earn Your love through perfection. Remind me that Your grace is sufficient, and that Your power is made perfect in my weakness, not my flawlessness. Let me rest in being Yours, imperfections and all. In Jesus' name, Amen.

What's one imperfection or mistake you're ready to stop punishing yourself for today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed Through the Test: Holding On When Faith Is Tried (James 1:12)

Reflection On Romans 8:31

A Reflection on Ruth 1:16 and God’s Blessings

Deep Reflection on 2 Corinthions 129