Day 107: A Love Letter from God About the Next Step, Not the Whole Map

 


Day 107: A Love Letter from God 

About Feeling Lost

PROVERBS 16:9

My child,

You don't know which way to go right now. Not in a small, specific decision, but in a bigger way — like you've lost your sense of direction for your whole life, unsure what you're working toward or why. You keep waiting for a clear sign, a sudden clarity, something that will make the fog lift so you can see the path again. It hasn't come yet, and the not-knowing is exhausting.

I want you to hear this: feeling lost does not mean you actually are. In their hearts humans plan their course, but I establish their steps. You don't have to have the whole map figured out for Me to be guiding you. I am not waiting for you to find clarity before I start working. I am already directing your steps, even in this exact season that feels aimless to you.

Sometimes clarity doesn't come before the next step. It comes after you take it. I don't always show you the whole road. I show you enough light for the step right in front of you, and then the next one becomes visible once you've taken that one. Feeling lost often just means you're looking for a map when what I'm offering is a lamp — enough light for right now, not the whole journey laid out in advance.

PROVERBS 16:9

God says, "In their hearts humans plan their course, but I establish their steps. You don't have to see the whole map. I'm lighting the step in front of you."

You are not as lost as you feel. I know exactly where you are, and I am already working out where you're going, even if it's not clear to you yet. Take the next faithful step you can see, and trust Me with the rest of the road. I have never once lost track of you, even when you feel like you've lost track of yourself.

I love you,
God

A Prayer for When You Feel Lost

Father, I don't know which way to go, and I'm tired of waiting for clarity that hasn't come. Remind me that You are directing my steps even now, even in the fog. Help me trust the next step in front of me instead of needing to see the whole road. Guide me, even when I can't feel You guiding me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

What's one small next step you can take today, even without seeing the whole path ahead?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed Through the Test: Holding On When Faith Is Tried (James 1:12)

Reflection On Romans 8:31

Deep Reflection on 2 Corinthions 129

A Reflection on Ruth 1:16 and God’s Blessings