Day 108: A Love Letter from God About Spiritual Dryness

 


Day 108: A Love Letter from God About Spiritual Dryness

PSALM 63:1

My child,

Prayer feels flat lately. The Bible feels like words on a page instead of something alive. Worship doesn't stir what it used to stir. You keep showing up to the practices that used to feel close to Me, and instead you feel strangely distant, wondering if something is wrong with you, or worse, wondering if I've pulled away.

I want you to hear this clearly: I have not moved. Spiritual dryness is a real and common season, not a sign that your faith has failed or that I've grown distant from you. Even the psalmist wrote honestly about this — O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. He named the dryness directly to Me instead of pretending it wasn't there, and I met him in that honesty.

Feelings are real, but they are not always reliable measures of what's true. You can feel distant from Me and still be held by Me. You can feel spiritually dry and still be growing roots deeper than you can see, the way a tree's roots stretch further during a drought, searching for water it can't yet find on the surface. This season is not wasted, even when it doesn't feel like much is happening.

PSALM 63:1

The psalmist cried out, "I thirst for You, my whole being longs for You, in a dry and parched land." And God says, "I haven't moved. This season will not last forever."

Keep showing up, even dry, even flat, even unsure if you're feeling anything at all. Faithfulness in the dry seasons matters more than you know. I am not offended by your honesty, and I am not absent just because you can't feel Me right now. Thirst for Me anyway. I will meet you, even here.

I love you,
God

A Prayer for Spiritual Dryness

Father, I feel distant from You right now, and I don't know how to find my way back to feeling close. Thank You that You haven't moved, even when I can't sense Your presence. Help me keep showing up honestly, trusting that You are still working, even in this dry season. In Jesus' name, Amen.

What's one small way you can keep showing up to God this week, even in a season that feels spiritually dry?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed Through the Test: Holding On When Faith Is Tried (James 1:12)

Reflection On Romans 8:31

Deep Reflection on 2 Corinthions 129

A Reflection on Ruth 1:16 and God’s Blessings